Heat ghee in a pan, crush the potatoes into it and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Toss the potato mixture around for a few minutes till it becomes light brown in colour.
Take it out and keep aside.
In a bowl, mash the arbi and mix it with the flour and salt.
Add some water and mix well.6
Add the ajwain, red chilli powder, ginger and green chillies and mix again.
Keep adding water and stirring in one direction till the batter turns into a smooth flowing consistency.
Heat a flat pan, dab a bit of ghee on it, pour a ladle of the batter and spread it.
Cook for a few minutes and spread more ghee around the edges to make it crisp.
Then flip it over and cook the other side.
Now put some filling on top and fold the dosa over it.
Serve hot with mint and coconut chutney.
- 3 potatoes - boiled
- Ghee - for frying
- Salt - to taste (use sendha namak if fasting)
- 1/2 tsp Keya madras chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 5 Tbsp buckwheat flour (kuttu)
- 2 Tbsp boiled arbi(colocasia)
- 1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 tsp chopped green chillies